- Victim: Samuel F. Herrick
- Apartment 2, 110 West Park Street
- Autopsy performed 11:00 am, Wednesday, October 18
- Dr. Marc Paulus, Lorain County Coroner
Samuel Herrick Race: White Sex: Male Age (Years): 27 Height: 5 ' 10 " Identified by: Donna Stevens, fiancee, Wednesday, October 18. Findings:
Cause of Death:Gunshot wound to the head.Estimated Time of Death:Roughly 9:00 pm, October 17.
- Bullet embedded in right temporal lobe.
- Negligible amount of carbon monoxide present in blood stream, indicating victim was dead when the fire in his apartment began.
- No other unusual medical conditions.